Welcome to our September Art Philosophy Blog Hop! Each month we will showcase our amazing Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge which can be purchased exclusively through a Close to My Heart Independent Consultant.
Since Halloween is just around the corner, this month we will be featuring projects for Halloween made using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge! Hope you don’t get too scared by the time you get to the end of our hop!
If you just happened to come to this blog, you should start at the beginning at Lucy's blog - http://www.love2createitall.com.
My project is ... a Halloween Bat SURPRISE Card (You'll see...)
This was a challenge as I've never tried to "create" a shape in the Cricut Craft Room completely out of others but I really wanted to do a version of this card (as scraplifted from a magazine . . . although I put my own spin on it! :) ). I also wanted to try my new Halloween Provo embossing folders.
Let's start by showing you what I mean by "creating" a shape... Here are some screen shot with the parts defined below. Every shape was found on the Art Philosophy Cartridge (and as I paged through I found a few others that could have worked as well).
|If you look closely you can pick out the two "leaves" and the "petal (teardrop shape)"|
|Cut screen showing the two wings on the mat.|
Two <Leaf3> Page 46
<Petal1> Page 65
|Here are the two leaves and the|
Here are the parts cut out:
|A close up. I love how the head looks like it's hiding and the crossed eyes give it a little humor. I used some CTMH bakers twine (black and gray) to close it. (Attachment for the twine in the back is a small strip of paper distressed to match.|
The next stop on your spooky blog hop trail is Rebecca.
Here's the entire blog hop lineup in case you get spooked along the way:
- Lucy ~ http://www.love2createitall.com
- Darla ~ http://www.stampingunderdoctorsorders.blogspot.com
- Diana~ http://dianasfreemoments.blogspot.com
- Stephanie- http://www.quiltedscrapper.blogspot.com
- Julia- http://youcancreatectmh.blogspot.com
- Wendy Kessler ~ http://MyScrapbookingBlog.com
- Carolyn Mendoza - http://www.craftingwithcarolyn.blogspot.com
- Kindred Hearts - http://itmakestotalcents.blogspot.com <<<YOU ARE HERE
- Rebecca - http://www.stampandscrapstudio.blogspot.com <<< Next stop
- Maria Woodworth ~ http://mariawoodworth.blogspot.com
ALSO: My fellow consultants (I missed this one as my markers are on the way...) are having a Technique Blog hop starting today as well. When you are done with the above, hop over and see what they've come up with (Judy Faye Garner- http://judyfaye.blogspot.com).