Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ribbon in a New Way - Technique Blog Hop

There are no lack of ideas in the Close To My Heart Idea Books (hence the name...lol) but this one made me think.  Me and a few of my fellow CTMH sisters challenged ourselves to find ways to use "Ribbon in a New Way." 

Anyone who's been to a card class of mine knows I love bows, ribbon, twine, etc.  I think it adds such a great touch.  But to use it in a new way, I came up with a decidedly girly addition.

For this card I used a retired CTMH stamp set called, "Be Yourself".
I love these silhouettes and used the girl with the frilly skirt for this card.
Here is a close up of the skirt.  I originally tried to make the ribbon sticky on just one edge with my Xyron but it wasn't working well so I ended up with simple glue tape and some pleats.
I really liked how this card turned out.  A few triple stamped swirls, some girly retired pink paper, and a few gems on a pink card base, and it's a wrap.  What do you all think?


Thanks for stopping by!  There are a few more projects to go through  Here is the whole order if you want to start back over at the top!

1.       Debi <<<Start at the beginning!

2.       Wendy

3.       Tabbi

4.       Judy Faye

5.       Shirley

6.       Joy

7.       Kindred Hearts  <<<You are here!



DON'T FORGET...


Locals - Card Class tonight @ 6:30
ALL:  Giveaway and Specials can be found by following the link! :)

6 comments: