Saturday, June 22, 2013

"Independence Day" Blog Hop



What ?!?!?  Hope you weren't expecting to see Will Smith fighting the aliens here!  We are actually featuring crafty creations showcasing "Independence Day" ... the holiday!


Not only are all of our creations going to be about Independence Day ... the holiday ... but they will also be using the Artiste and/or Art Philosophy Cricut cartridges available exclusively through a Close to My Heart consultant.  If you don't already have a Consultant that you are currently working with, please contact one of the Consultants in our hop with any questions you have!


In this hop, you will see projects featuring this versatile cartridges from many talented crafty ladies!  Enjoy our blog hop!

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Lucy's blog – Love 2 Create.   If you came from Traci's blog - Paper Crafting 101 then you are in the right place!


My project is a fun "fireworks card" that I will be offering in my card class tomorrow.  I used the Art Philosophy Cartridge exclusively on this one (my Gypsy was being a brat).  I used different sizes of the starburst shape for the fireworks and the font to embellish the card with a fun onimonipea "BOOM!".  
The background paper is retired superhero paper that has a great blue background with light stars.  I've added some blue foil paper and some prismatic to add reflection.  Finally, I added some red gems in the second "O" and exclamation point.  
Overall, a very "Red, White, and Blue" ending to a fun card.  It was fast and so easy to do with the cricut...literally seconds to layout and assemble.  Hope everyone will like it tomorrow! ;)

I'm the last stop for the Independence Day hop but if you haven't already, head over to the beginning with Lucy's blog-Love 2 Create and see what everyone else came up with.

Here is the complete lineup in case you get lost along the way:

  1. Lucy ~ Love 2Create 
  2. Theodora ~ Celebrate Crafts 
  3. Michelle ~ My Flights of Fancy 
  4. Jennifer ~ 4 Hearts Scrapbooking 
  5. Traci ~ Paper Crafting 101  
  6. Penny ~ It Makes Total Cents <<<YOU ARE HERE
Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you.

5 comments:

  1. So much flair! This ard makes a great statement and you did great with mixing glitz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, and I love the bling! I'm a new follower.

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colors and sparkle on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the Celebrate Freedom Blog Hop! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete