Welcome to our August Art Philosophy Blog Hop! Each month we will showcase a feature of the amazing Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge which can be purchased exclusively through a Close to My Heart Independent Consultant.
We're so excited to be doing this hop and we have a fabulous lineup with some very talented ladies. There will be lots of fun projects.
This month we will be showcasing the "Decorative Layer" (shift or no shift) feature of the cartridge.
If you just happened to come to this blog, you should start at the beginning at Lucy's blog - http://www.love2createitall.co
My project is ...
Adore-ableThis was a project off the top of my head but I think it turned out well. The "inside" of the card uses the Decorative Layer (no shift) from page 50 of my most used Cricut Cartidge, the Art Philosophy cartridge from CTMH. I liked the simple look of this shape but saw it as more horizontal than vertical. For this card I used a retired paper (unsure of the name) and some plain cardstock, embossing powder, versamark embossing ink, my ZAP embossing gun, Garnet ink, my dauber and a little sparkle.
I used the Cricut Craft Room (as always) to lay out the card on my brand new Cricut Expression. I had to do a little measuring and math to make sure the window fit where I needed it (by the butterfly and centered).
Once they were cut, I found I had more of the textured paper than I needed but also accidentally made an easel with the overlap. I decided to make the card stand as well. Using my new Adore stamp set from CTMH I stamped the heart in the window and used the textured outside of the heart to decorate the edge of the inside. The sleeve received the garnet "i adore you". I left the inside blank to add sentiments by hand.
What do you think? :) I think my niece will love it.
The next stop on your blog hop fun is Pam Stewart.
Here's the entire blog hop lineup in case you get lost along the way:
- Lucy ~ http://www.love2createitall.com
- Darla ~ http://www.stampingunderdoctorsorders.blogspot.com/
- Diana ~ http://dianasfreemoments.blogspot.com/ )
- Wendy Kessler ~ http://myscrapbookingblog.com
- Eva~ http://loveofcreating.blogspot.com
- Carolyn ~ http://www.nuts4scrappin.blogspot.com
- Stephanie- http://www.quiltedscrapper.blogspot.com
- Joanne - http://josiesjoy.blogspot.com
- Laura W. http://scrappinsweetiesescape.blogspot.com
- Kindred Hearts - http://itmakestotalcents.blogspot.com <<< You are here!
- Pam Stewart - http://i-candy-scraps.blogspot.com
- Carolyn Mendoza ~ http://www.craftingwithcarolyn.blogspot.com
Thanks so much for stopping by! We hope you have enjoyed all of our projects!
DON'T FORGET - I'm also doing a giveaway . . . details can be found here.