The possibilities are endless with this August set! Create borders, backgrounds and so much more! I have seen some amazing examples with this set . . . like using the corner stamp for vines by adding 3D flowers.
This is my creation! I am on an embossing kick lately (although I will need more practice getting the powder to stay only on the embossing ink and not everywhere else ... especially on black! LOL). I've embossed the full corner Baroque Borders stamp and then another section kitty-corner from it using lavendar Zing embossing powder.
The card design is unique as it "flips" as you open the card. Here is a stand up view so you can see the cuts.
Here is a video showing the card in action.
Directions for the card (as I will be using for my card class tonight). The cut outs in the corners are to allow the card makers to mark the cut lines using pencil to be erased later. It worked better than I imagined.
I hope you enjoyed my card - I really like how it turned out. Here is a short list of what I used:
- CTMH Stamp Sets - Fashionista, August SOTM Baroque Borders
- Black Cardstock
- Versamark & ZING embossing powder - lavendar
- Gypsy stamp pad (center of off white squares are stamped with another from the set using the stamp off method to allow for the sentiment to show clearly)
Now if the goblins of cyber space have gotten you lost along away here is the list of all the talented consultants who are participating in this month’s blog hop!
1. Pamela Stewart - http://i-candy-scraps.blogspot.com
2. Joanne Barnes -http://josiesjoy.blogspot.com
3. Kindred Hearts - http://itmakestotalcents.blogspot.com <<<You are here!
4. Alicia Olson - Love Stamping - www.lovestamping.com
Don't forget about the giveaway I have going on for the July Stamp of the Month - see my post here for details.